- The turtles are coming mainly in the evening on the beaches, then they are less disturbed because of the light and noise.
- Keep in mind that the tours are running in the evening between 19.00 and 24.00, making them less suitable for younger kids.
- To find turtles, we are going to beaches on the Eastcoast of Boa Vista. The roads towards this beach are mainly off-road and quite bumpy.
- We want to protect the animals, so it's strictly forbidden to take pictures. The (flash) light is harmful to the animals. The guide will use a red light, with this you can still see the turtles.
- During the nesting season you will almost always see turtles. There might be a chance that you won't see any, as we can't control nature.
Provide the following information in the comments when booking:
- Your accommodation in Boa Vista
- Requested date
The tours will run with small groups of maximum 12 persons. We don't want to disturb the turtles too much in the process.
We are working with certified guides and rangers who have great knowledge in working with turltes. Once the turtles are disturbed, they will return to the sea, without laying her eggs on that spot and the extinction rate will go up.
You will be picked up at your accommodation between 19h00 and 20h00 depending on where your hotel is located.
Transfer to one of the nature reserves on the Eastcoast. (+/- 60 minuten)
Briefing about the tour, explanation about the work of the organisation.
Beach walk and observation during the egg laying process.
Return to accommodation between 23h and 24h
Instructions before and during the tour:
- Repsect the nature
- Listen to the instructions of your guide and ranger
- Don't use any phones and bright lights
- Wear dark warm clothing and closed shoes
- Don't use parfume or fragranced body cream
- Take a bottle of water with you
- Transfer from and to your accommodation
- Certified English speaking guide