São Pedro experience
Hiking trip & snorkeling with turtles in Sã0 Vicente
Coastline view on the hike to the lighthouse
This day trip combines all of Sao Pedro's fun elements: hiking, beach time, local vibes, fresh fish and swimming with turtles!
Sao Pedro lays in a sheltered beach bay and has the perfect scenery for an adventurous day trip. Enjoy the adrenaline rush and the amazing views as you hike on the cliff to the remote lighthouse of Don Amelia. Feel the refreshing energy of the ocean when you walk to the village on the white sand beaches. Stroll along the local houses and learn about the fishermen's lifestyle. Lunch in a colorful beach bar with ocean views and come face to face with sea turtles. From a local fishermen's boat you'll put goggles on, jump in the fresh water and swim with turtles. The number 1 experience, not to be missed when visiting São Vicente island!
- Arrival in the bay of São Pedro to the start point of the hike
- 1,5 hour cliff coast hike to the lighthouse Don Amelia and back
- Walk to São Pedro village on the beach
- Lunch is served in a local beach restaurant
- Short boat ride to the place where the turtles swim
- Snorkeling with the turtles
- Transfer back to Mindelo